Does your reflection in the mirror bring up emotions for you?
Skin problems can make you feel self-conscious and perhaps even irritable or anxious. These negative emotions could have an impact on the quality of your day, your decisions around healthy choices and even on your relationships.
On the other hand, clear and radiant skin can help boost your confidence and mood. This strengthens your feelings of self-worth, makes it easier to connect with those around you, and helps you make good choices to further your health and well-being. You are likely to end up being kinder to yourself and others.
Healthy skin necessities
The face is the first thing others see of you, so put your best face forward with a regular skincare routine. But don’t be neglectful – looking after your entire skin is just as important.
It is sometimes said that your skin is a window into your well-being. Our skin is the biggest organ and often reflects our state of health. Acne, rashes, dryness, puffiness and even a pale complexion can be signs that all is not well. So, complement your skincare routine with holistic health and wellness actions.
Routine is your friend
Implementing a daily skincare routine that works for you and your skin type is paramount to lifelong healthy and beautiful skin.
Your face is always open and regularly exposed to toxins and pollutants in the environment, and although you can’t see it, these impurities sit on the skin or are sweated out through the skin (read our blogpost Unburden Your Body). This is why a night routine is just as important as a morning routine. Your skin needs to be able to breathe and must be nourished to aid the repair and regenerating process that happens while you sleep.
A good cleansing is vital, but moisturising afterwards can make all the difference in skin texture and appearance. A moisturiser is a delivery system for active ingredients that feed, nurture and renew the skin.
We are advocates for plant-based skincare and its health giving benefits. Our skincare ranges include:
- Revive Cleanser and Revive Moisturiser, for dry, mature or tired-feeling skin.
You will enjoy a scene of youthful radiance with this combo. It moisturises deeply while helping to reduce sensitivities, improve firmness and stimulate the skin for a radiant complexion.
- Refresh Cleanser and Refresh Moisturiser, for oily, combination or acne-prone skin.
Experience balance and harmony. The set of products minimises congestion and breakouts, refreshes and refines the skin and promotes a healthy complexion.
Taking a holistic approach to looking and feeling good is key. “Holistic” simply implies that the parts that make up a whole are interconnected and that’s why the whole should be treated and not just one aspect. So, how do we improve our health and skin in a holistic way? You’ve heard it all before, so go ahead and apply these tips:
- Maintain balanced nutrition by eating healthy whole foods and avoiding processed foods
- Use supplements if you are lacking in certain areas. Consult your doctor for guidance.
- Promote healthy gut bacteria to strengthen your immunity (read our blogpost Get Healthy Skin By Caring For Your Gut)
- Assist your natural detoxification process with plenty of good quality water
- Get the blood flowing with regular exercise to increase circulation of bodily systems
- Keep your stress levels in check through techniques like tai chi, yoga, or meditation
- Detoxify your environment by choosing natural personal care and household cleaning products
- A little bit of sun goes a long way to lift your mood and create some vital Vitamin D
How is your skin making you feel? Set the stage for looking and feeling good. Take care of your skin through a proper skincare routine and by taking steps towards holistic health.